In this article, I will be listing the best sandwich makers out there so that you don’t get overwhelmed by the gazillion brands and choices. Towards the end, I will guide you on how to look for signs that lead to the best buying decision when it comes to getting a sandwich maker and making crusted wholesome sandwiches to get you through the day.
- 1 Our Recommendations
- 2 Product Reviews
- 2.1 Breville Panini Duo BSG520XL
- 2.2 HAMILTON BEACH ELECTRIC PANINI PRESS
- 2.3 CUISINE WM – SW2N DUAL-SANDWICH- NON-STICK ELECTRIC GRILL
- 2.4 Proctor Silex Sandwich Maker
- 2.5 iSiLER 4 PANINI AND SANDWICH MAKER
- 2.6 IMUSA GAU 80102 LARGE ELECTRIC PANINI PRESS
- 2.7 GOTHAM STEEL
- 2.8 TIBEK SANDWICH MAKER, WAFFLE MAKER AND GRILL
- 2.9 Hamilton Beach Sandwich Maker
- 2.10 T-fal 1500637135 SW6100 EZ CLEAN
- 3 Buyer’s Guide
- 4 CONCLUSION
- It can easily make up to 4 sandwiches in one go!
- Quantanium scratch-proof grills, promise longevity.
- The 1500-watt power matches its size, distributing heat throughout the thickness.
- 4 adjustable heights, due to its floating top plate, and hence puts other sandwich makers to shame.
- Removable plates make cleaning much more straightforward.
- Quite expensive as compared to other sandwich makers in the market.
- After completing one cycle, allow the device to cool down as the plates tend to overheat.
- The top plate is not heavy, hence presses Paninis to a certain degree only.
The all-rounder of my list, the one that stands out the most is the 1500-watt Breville Duo. It is perfect for making multiple sandwiches at a time. So, if you have a big family, this will suit you the most.
The package comes with a floating hinge, perfect for big sandwiches. On top of that, the height is adjustable! Its floating top grill plate has the trademark indentations, with a flatter bottom plate that distributes heat evenly. The package comes with non-slip feet, a good 1-year guarantee, and Instagram-worthy recipes that will dazzle your taste buds. Perfect for heavy everyday use. This multi-use panini express is the best sandwich maker, in my opinion.
- Bigger plate size allows two sandwiches to get ready together.
- A sturdy top plate allows the panini to be pressed adequately.
- No matter what thickness your sandwich is, it will be cooked evenly and thoroughly. The not too heavy design makes it possible to move anywhere.
- An uncomplicated design makes it user-friendly.
- A lack of settings makes it impossible to adjust the heat.
- It takes up a considerable amount of time as opposed to the quicker versions, which manage to do the same job in less time.
Hamilton Beach electric Press is the best sandwich maker, known for its value. According to my judgment, it deserves a second place, as it offers similar features at a lesser cost.
This sturdy beast makes it top three due to its striking features. It comes with a robust floatable top lid and a fixed bottom one. Both plates have the classic indentations perfect for ideal paninis, quesadillas, and all sorts of turnovers. Just lock the contents in and evenly grill your food to an enjoyable crisp texture. All you need to do is wait 6 minutes for the green light signal to start making your sandwiches. When done, clean the non-stick and non-scratchable surface and store it upright anywhere.
- Affordable, promising, effectively browned, and segmented sandwiches.
- A non-stick pan that makes cleanup easy.
- Lid Lock and Cord Wrap warrants easy and quick storage.
- Consistent and even heat makes sure that the sandwich is cooked evenly.
- Pan size is smaller compared to other sandwich makers mentioned in this article.
- Oozes contents out, especially cheese. Making cleanup tricky.
Best for a tight budget, Cuisine is an ideal sandwich maker. It does the job well and has an added 3-year limited warranty. If you crave the classic grilled cheese sandwiches, this machine does the job beautifully.
It comes with a deep-pocket grill to help make 2 sandwiches per cycle, with diagonal indentations to help cut the sandwich in half with no trouble. With even heat, it browns the toast seamlessly and seals the contents inside. Adding to it, the non-stick fixed grill is mess-free, so it is ready for re-use instantly. The 9 by 9, by 3-1/2 inches, fits store-bought bread seamlessly. The light indicators indicate the grill’s status. Red is for heating, and green indicates the grill is ready to cook. Perfect for students in dorms or kids who want in on the action, this is the best cost-friendly sandwich maker to grill fluffy omelets, frittatas, or pop-out a classic sandwich.
- The flat non-stick surface is effortless to clean up.
- No indentations, so no food gets stuck.
- Diverse uses, apart from making sandwiches. Compact size lets you make sandwiches anytime, anywhere.
- Rapid and even toasting of bread.
- No indentations, hence it cannot seal in the sandwich’s contents.
- It cannot be used for thicker sandwiches, as the top is attached. Other sandwich makers in the market, with floating tops, are more suitable for those.
Known for its quick speed, I had to place this in the fourth position. It promises ideal sandwiches in lesser time. For people pressed for time, it does not fail to impress, even if it is a tad pricey (say hello to opportunity cost). The simple and compact design makes it perfect for offices, couples, or even your daily home use.
The flat non-stick surfaces give an even color to the bread. The grill heats the toast evenly and, in a few minutes, be it straight from the freezer. The use is not limited to sandwiches, you can grill even healthier options. Also the storage is quick and easy, simply wrap the cord around and stack it away. This is the best sandwich maker for people with cramped up schedules.
- Preset temperature control does not let the food burn.
- Large grill pan and adjustable plates permit multi-purposing.
- Mess control through outlet cup. It catches all the escaped grease or sauces that would otherwise destroy the counter.
- Restaurant quality grilling managed effortlessly in less time.
- Too large if you own a small family or need it for personal use.
iSiLER is my favorite when it comes to multi-purpose. Best at being the beast, this sandwich maker is a party on its own.
Its main features include a sturdy beveled grill on both plates opening at 90 and 180 degrees. The expandability of the plates makes it perfect for grilling meats and vegetables, apart from making sandwiches. Moreover, it comes with fast and even heating powered by 1200W. Not only can you cook quicker, but you can also make double the amount of food! Adding to it, after a heavy workout, the mess is easy to clean due to its nonstick, food-grade aluminum. iSiLER gives you control over temperature and mess!
This is perfect for medium to large families whose use of grill is frequent. Comparing it to others, it stands out mainly due to its size and multipurpose qualities.
- Removable plates allow the user to clean without having to drag the whole machine.
- Flat nonstick surface makes cleanup simpler.
- A large grill plate takes subs to a whole new level. Makes more than one sandwich at a time.
- IMUSA makes thicker slices of bread come back to fashion
- Manages to cook fast and even.
- The compact folded design allows efficient storage. Other sandwich makers with sturdy bodies, take considerable space.
- The top lid lacks support, hence shakes on opening and closing.
- The level of quality does not match the price.
- Heating ability declines with use.
- For its price, it does not offer any guarantee.
Who knew floatable lids proved to make the best sandwich makers. Another one of a kind in my list is the IMUSA. Credited 6th in line due to its function and comfort of storage.
This multipurpose bad boy not only excels in making great sandwiches but grills any sides you want with it. IMUSA comes with an impressive flat nonstick surface. The outer body is slick, stainless steel with two indicator lights of power and heat. The ever so famous floatable lid and cool-touch handles make it possible to press any panini to oblivion. The lid lock and cord reel make storage trouble-free.
- Suitable for people who want a quick and easy fix with nothing fancy.
- Very inexpensive compared to other sandwich makers
- Indentations allow smooth cut through of the sandwich in half.
- Simple design with nonstick pans.
- Cleans easily with the help of a damp cloth.
- Gotham is easy to store as it takes up less room.
- Indentations prevent even browning of the toast.
- Need to press hard, otherwise only the edges brown.
- It creates some mess, as the contents leak from sides.
Its classic, does the job well and is truly worthy of being placed on my list for the best budget option. The reason which intrigued me is its cost and unique design.
The Gotham is perfect for light use in kitchens, offices, or dorms. Very easy to use. Simply wait for the light to indicate when to put in food. Can make sandwiches, omelets or grilled toasts. The copper surface plates are nonstick. They come indented, to imprint on the ideal sandwich markings.
I have one major gripe with this mode though. The fixed 90-degree plates don’t allow thicker sandwiches to cook through. Hamilton Beach (which comes later in this article) is much better in comparison as it provides more adaptability.
- The non-stick grill makes cleaning easy.
- Horizontal and portable design occupies less room.
- Heat resistant handles and non-slip feet make the functioning sturdier.
- Its parts are BPA and FDA approved to ensure healthy and safe use.
- Perfect for small scale use. Comes with removable different grill plate options, waffle sandwich, and the classic ridged shape.
- Expensive option.
- The narrow grill plate restricts cooking. Moreover, if the food item is bigger, it tends to hang out of the grill.
- Open from all sides, allowing it to splay mess on the counter. It may flow into the control gear.
Even though the rating of Tibek matches Hamilton Beach, but people seemed to adore this product more. This 1200-watt Tibek warrior is just a regular sandwich maker, yet the unique changes make it worthy for my list.
Tibek is a multipurpose sandwich maker that provides 3 removable non-stick grill plates. It comes with LED indicators stating when the grill is ready. Furthermore, it is known for its temperature control gear, getting your food ready in 2-3 minutes. It manages to adjust temperatures according to the food you wish to cook. Perfect for travel, office, or any other use.
- Compact size takes up less room in storage.
- In comparison to other sandwich makers, this is by far the most pocket-friendly.
- It can cook two sandwiches per cycle.
- Sandwich indentations are deep, but even then, a knife is required to cut off the toughened ridge.
- It is inexpensive, but there are better alternatives that you could purchase by adding just a few more dollars.
- A crevice between the grill plate and plastic makes it prone to food and dirt getting stuck. It then gets difficult to clean.
I have placed another variant of Hamilton, at the very top of my list. This variant, may it be not as credited, manages to snatch a place. Hamilton does provide many best sandwich makers, and these two stand out the most to me.
The Hamilton Beach looks like any other standard sandwich maker. The compact and robust buildup comes with preheat lights to aware the user, that it is ready to cook. Apart from that, a handle lock weighs down and seals the sandwiches. There are no restrictions, improvise, and prepare whatever deems fit. After you are done, wipe away the leftover and store it upright wherever.
- Cooks 2 Belgian shaped waffles in one go.
- Removable plates and non-stick plates serve easy cleanup. It’s also dishwasher safe.
- The sandwich grill makes a pocketed sandwich, concealing contents inside.
- Quick and simple storage Simple design makes it easy to use. Even heat distribution cooks food evenly despite indentations.
- It can be stored vertically, due to additional feet attached at sides.
- Takes up more room as compared to other ‘compact’ sandwich makers.
- There is one set timer, snatching away control from the user. Restricting its use to some recipes.
- Expensive option with no added warranty.
T-fal is the perfect standard waffle maker. Rated the lowest on my list, as other options are far better for a similar cost.
Serving 2 interchangeable waffle and sandwich making grill tops. Pop on the grill that fits the mood. Simply switch it on and wait for the indicator lights to signal when it is ready to cook. The plates are non-stick and dishwasher safe. In addition, the grill plates evenly and thoroughly cook whatever you press in between.
To purchase the best sandwich maker, you need to check a lot of pointers. I made the above list keeping the following pointers in mind. These tips will aid you immensely, even if the options mentioned above are not available.
Whenever you come across the tough decision of picking the best sandwich maker, here is what you need to look for.
Factors To Consider When Purchasing the Best Sandwich Maker
A commonly overseen and misunderstood factor is the grill surface. The importance kicks in when the user is done making the sandwich. One is faced with questions like, ‘What should I clean this up with?’ or ‘How long will it take to clean?’ You will need a surface that does not get scratched easily. As with repeated use, the surface gets uneven and unsanitary. It should not stick to food too. Sandwiches should not adhere to the sandwich maker, as it will deconstruct it then and there.
Hence, a Teflon made, non-stick surface is your best bet, which will allow no sticking or scraping, making cleaning easy, breezy.
Handle With Care
Avoid anything made of iron or any other metal as it creates a problem in the long run.
The most essential and neglected part of a sandwich maker is the handle. No one understands its importance until someone gets burnt! Your handle should be a non-conductor of heat, like steel, or brittle like plastic.
The reason I mention this second is because the entire purpose of the sandwich maker is driven by the handle’s placement, angle, and rigidity. Models with wobbling and displaced handles not only scream poor infrastructure but also inconsistency. Moreover, an unstable handle inadequately presses down on the sandwiches. To make restaurant-quality paninis, you need to be able to press these handles with force. Though, please don’t go Ironman on them.
A point of distinction is, handles of the best sandwich makers are sturdy and tough, whereas cheaper models get brittle quickly. If you are spending money, you might as well buy something that lasts longer.
Another main ingredient to the recipe of best sandwich makers, its price point. Cheaper and more pocket-friendly definitely seem attractive. Whenever I enter the shop, lower price items do grab my attention, but are they durable? Do they promise longevity? Absolutely not! It is wise to buy in the rage of your budget, but don’t fall for inexpensive rip-offs. My list has many cheap options for you to look over. These models bring forth functionality and quality. If you wish to purchase a sandwich maker for the long run. It may be better to save up money and buy an option that might be a tad bit expensive but is promising in the long run.
Furthermore, if you invest in an expensive version, it will come bearing added benefits. For example, warranty and multi-purpose features.
I most certainly do not want you to purchase something you cannot afford. However, the quality and features of the sandwich maker you are buying should justify the price.
It all comes down to user specifications. The best sandwich maker will be the perfect size for ‘You.’ Different models are suitable for people with different needs. A small family or individual would require a compact model. Whereas if you are like me, who loves to party or has a moderate to a large family, a bigger grill seems adequate.
The best sandwich maker is a multi-purpose one. It should not limit your use to just sandwiches. The grill shapes also pertain to what the user desires. There are flat, ridged, and indented options. As mentioned above in my article, many models provide more than one grill plate for you to swap as required.
The indentations and ridges promise the ideal imprint of a restaurant-made sandwich. Not only that, the indentations make it easy to half the sandwich without the need of a knife.
Moreover, the indented pocketed grill plates are perfect for school-going children. Or anyone that has their food on the go. They prevent the food from falling out of the sandwich. This renders it travel-friendly too!
The best sandwich maker will allow you to be in control. Many sandwich makers come with preset temperatures and light indicators to make the user aware of the grill being ready. If you do not desire the preset temperatures, models with adjustable gears aid you in being more in control.
Another feature worth paying more for is speed. People like me, who are always running late, or people with cramped routines, prefer quicker alternatives. I personally would hate to wait more than 5 minutes for a standard panini or sandwich. Apart from being quick, it should also provide even heat and cook the food thoroughly. Especially when you are preparing meat, the key is to cook it through.
While purchasing the best sandwich maker, you need to be wise and confident in your decision. Make sure the features offered by the ‘best sandwich maker’ are appropriate to your use. It should not be a burden to you in terms of storage, maintenance, or initial cost. It should offer durability and robust functionality. The best sandwich maker should be in line with your needs, workload, and, most of all, should prepare you the best sandwiches to get through the hectic mornings and cramped up days. Nothing beats a good sandwich, and these sandwich makers will turn your whole experience around.