Isn’t it so annoying and irritating when you are unable to reach the height of a tree during pruning? It is! So, here’s something called pole saw which will serve you for the purpose. A pole saw simply is a chain saw with some extended height. An electric pole saw will make trimming and maintenance of plants more comfortable, faster, and safer for you. Now when you’ve decided to buy one for you, then you’ll be surely a little confused to pick one from so many choices available in the market. You don’t need to worry about this. I’ve done the homework for you. This article will help you make a good comparison between the features of some best electric pole saws. Give it a thorough read. It’ll assist you in making an informed buying decision.
- 1 Our Recommendations
- 2 Product Reviews
- 2.1 GREENWORKS 20672
- 2.2 BLACK + DECKER LPP120B
- 2.3 REMINGTON RM2599
- 2.4 HYPERTOUGH 20V MAX – CORDLESS POLE SAW
- 2.5 LiTHELi 40V
- 2.6 GREENWORKS 8-INCH 40V CORDLESS POLE SAW
- 2.7 CRAFTSMAN V20 POLE SAW
- 2.8 SUN JOE SWJ806E 8-INCH 8.0 AMP 2-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE POLE CHAIN SAW
- 2.9 WEN 40421 40V MAX
- 2.10 WORX WG309
- 3 Best Electric Pole Saw – Buying Guide
- 4 Evaluation Criteria
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 FAQs
- The battery can last for about an hour and can cater to about 60 cuts if the wood is 4×4.
- Battery indicator and charger are incorporated inside the device.
- Dimensions are very maneuverable (107 ×7× 7.5 inches).
- The cushioned grip provides a very smooth experience.
- The tool is equipped with a chain and an 8-inch bar so you can cut both small and medium-sized branches.
- With an exclusively distinguishing battery system, you can extend it up to 8 feet.
- The automatic oiler system is present for lubrication.
- Safety features are well installed.
- Power issues during heavy cutting.
It is the best cordless electric pole saw, which is very handy and easy to use. With its exclusive tension system, you can adjust both the power and extension range. It has got a lithium battery pack, which lasts for a more extended period. If you are worried about the heaviness of the tool, then you will surely love this lightweight model. It is appropriate for the cutting of higher and thicker branches.
- With its weight of 6.3 pounds, it is very comfortable to carry it
- It is divided into three parts, which you can assemble and disassemble whenever you like.
- With its 10 inches of cutting bar, you can maximize its cutting diameter up to 9 inches.
- It has an affordable price and offers a reach of up to fourteen feet.
- It has a fantastic battery life and a offers great power.
- The lighter weight is an additional advantage.
- The absence of automatic oiling is a little disappointment.
- You can’t use it for heavy pruning.
- The battery span is not long and also takes a bit longer time to charge.
Black Decker had earned a distinguished position among the other choices due to the maximum features it offers in the minimum budget. Think that I’m exaggerating? OK, then let’s keep the price aside and talk about other qualities. One of the things that you would really like about it is its reach of 14ft. Another amazing feature is the enhancement of clear visibility. This astounding feature minimizes the risk of cutting the wrong branch. Moreover, it offers a battery swapping option, which is a great facility and ensures that you never run out of power when performing heavy and prolong tasks.
- It has a unique design and a durable exterior.
- It is a gas-powered pole saw with an 8-inch cutting head.
- It has also got a 25 cc two-cycle gas engine which can start without any external aid.
- The motor requires just a few seconds to start.
- The motor is efficient enough to run for a long time.
- It has compatibility to work with other attachments.
- You may find it tiring to carry as it weighs 13.8 pounds.
- Balance issues might also appear when extended to the maximum range.
- At 25cc, it may feel a bit underpowered.
It is due to the superior quality and affordable price of Remington RM2599 that it has gained a spot on top of the list. For people who prune hard and thick woods, this gas-powered saw is the best option. It offers features that help in handling various gardening chores. It is light in weight and has a 7ft pole. You can extend it up to 12ft. Along with the extraordinary cutting power, it is equipped with a fuel-efficient motor and an engine that is very easy to start. There is an oiler present to ensure the automatic lubrication of the chain.
- The height is adjustable between 7.5-9.5 inches.
- Along with automatic oiler, the housing is transparent too. This characteristic enables you to see the oil present inside, so you never run out of lubricant.
- For the consistent power supply, it has a 20V lithium-ion battery that comes with a charger.
- It weighs about 12 pounds, and the bar length is up to 8 inches.
- Comfortable grip.
- The carrying belt provided along is an excellent help during long tiring projects.
- The cutting performance is desirable.
- Carrying it for a long time will cause fatigue as this model is rather heavy.
- When compared with other related models, you will find it a little more expensive.
The tool is an excellent help for gardeners and homeowners to keep their place well-maintained and tidy. Hyper tough will help in trimming and pruning of tall branches. For pruning branches of trees with towering height, you can use a ladder. But this option is somewhat dangerous. To avoid the risks associated, you can use this pole saw along with the conventional tool. According to the height of the tree, you can make adjustments in its size by simply moving the handle.
- The motor is efficient enough to produce a vibration-free torque at 2400 RPM.
- You can tighten the chain instantly at the time of need.
- The worries about nasty fumes are resolved by providing a cordless and fuel-free operation.
- The product weighs nearly 15.2 pounds.
- The brushless mother increases the efficiency of your work.
- Precise for tackling farm or garden pruning.
- The cooling fan in the charger is an additional advantage.
- The ergonomic model helps in cutting the far to reach branches.
- Battery life is not suitable for long projects, as it won’t last for more than 30 minutes.
- Cutting hard and long branches may be problematic.
This cordless pole saw makes cutting more effortless for you with its double protection steel and chain pitch. You won’t require any tool to adjust the chain tension. The automatic oiler is present for the lubrication of the chain and Rod. It will make your pruning tasks more accurate by facilitating you to cut at any height or angle. You can operate the tool with all LiTHELi 40V lithium-ion battery packs.
- It comes in 3 pieces of the aluminum shaft.
- Instant start and stop features are installed.
- An automatic oil lubrication system is present.
- You can buy it with or without battery.
- The saw weighs about 11.15 pounds.
- The length of pole saw is 9ft and bar and chain are 8”.
- Assembling and operating the tool is very easy.
- The buyer will get a four years warranty along with the product.
- Automatic oiler and instant start-stop system.
- Battery lasts for a long time.
- The safety catch is placed at a position which makes it quite irritating when doing long term work.
You will find it one of the best cordless electric poles saw available in the market. It is divided into three pieces of the aluminum shaft, which you can assemble quickly. The tool has an extensive range of 9ft. Depending on your height, it will give you a reach to about 15ft with an 8” bar and chain. The steel made saw is of high quality and very comfortable to use. The cushioned grip and handle above reduce the fatigue during tough and lengthy tasks.
- High capacity battery pack.
- For the removal of cut branches, branch hook is incorporated.
- Pole chainsaw, battery, charger, and extension pole are part of the box along with the instruction manual.
- The bar length is 8 inches.
- The maximum extension range is 10 feet. It weighs about 6 pounds.
- The maximum cut diameter is 6 inches. UL safety listing is another vital feature.
- Battery runtime is comparatively longer than other models.
- It provides a maximum reach.
- Ideal for pruning and trimming.
- The tension system can’t be adjusted instantly.
- There is no auto oiler present. A push start is required.
For a powerful performance, the saw is features a 20V motor. The good thing about this saw is its 4AH lithium-ion battery, which provides a long runtime. And you know what? It provides a reach upto14ft. To maximize the maneuverability, a soft grip, and for precise cutting, an angle head is present. One more thing that you will surely love is, chain and bar could also be replaced.
- The weight of the tool is nearly 5.5 pounds.
- The telescoping feature is also present.
- You can extend the pole up to 9ft.
- The cutting bar is 8-inch, and the chain is equipped with an auto oiler.
- Powered by a robust motor (8.0-amp), which can precisely cut branches up to 7.5 inches thick.
- Provide secure and easy cutting of out of reach branches.
- Light and sturdy to operate.
- Convenient for cutting logs and woods
- The pole is not flimsy, even at maximum extension.
- The release button is present near the grip. Any accidental press will unlock it, and the extension will head to the ground within no time.
- No inclusion of bar and chain oil for the first use.
For the trimming of your over green trees, this saw will do the double duty. Minimizing the danger and difficulty, it enables you to cut branches as high as 15 feet by just standing on solid ground. Later on, you could also convert it instantly into a hand-held chainsaw for wood cutting. It is powered by electricity, so you don’t have to worry about smoke, fumes or tune-ups. There is a safety switch present to avoid the accidental start. The tool is also granted with two years of full warranty.
- With a power of 40V, it provides a reach of about 14ft.
- The weight is precisely 8.8 pounds.
- The tension system supports changes and desirable adjustments.
- To get the perfect angle cut, you can pivot the head up to 30 °.
- The robust brushless motor maximizes tool efficiency.
- The battery life is up to 40 minutes, and a quick charger is also present with the kit.
- The tools operate quicker and faster operations.
- Versatile and smooth for practical uses.
- Chain adjustment is effortless.
- The automatic oiler functions well.
- The battery is not fixed correctly, and it tends to slip out.
WEN 40421 is a terrific combination of cordless pole saw and chain saw. It helps you reach the unreachable height. The saw could be extended to up to 10ft and will help you cut out even the thickest and complicated branches. The tool has a longer life, so it is worth spending some money on it. You can operate it with both 2Ah and 4Ah 40V lithium-ion batteries. You will not be facing maintenance issues as the motor is brushless and carry emission-free operations.
- You can disconnect the pole saw from the chainsaw.
- The fantastic 10-amp motor starts within a fraction of second.
- A firm grip and anti-rotating pole give excellent stability.
- You will also get a guarantee for one month and a full warranty for two years.
- Comfortable and smooth grip.
- Easy to operate.
- Attractive and compact design.
- Serves as both pole saw and chainsaw.
- Blade keeps on moving for about 5 seconds after you press the release button.
- There is no chain brake. A bit heavy when extended to maximum length.
You can do your job of cutting the twigs and branches within no time. For low lying branches, you can adjust the length till 6.5 feet, and for branches high above, you can extend the range up to 13.5 feet. The lightweight model won’t exhaust you even during rough and lengthy tasks. You can retract and expand the telescoping handle swiftly. Additionally, there is no emission of smoke from the motor. The lithium-ion battery is easily rechargeable.
Best Electric Pole Saw – Buying Guide
Now after you’ve read reviews about some of the best electric pole saws, I’ll bring under your notice some other important considerations. If you are overwhelmed by the choices available in the market, then put your worries aside. This buying guide will clear all your confusions.
Are you still confused about picking the right option? I completely understand you. Let me take you to some necessary and essential buying considerations so you can completely grasp these factors. I hope it will help you in identifying the best electric pole saw.
The power source of a pole is highly considerable. You must check that either it is powered by a battery (if so, then how long will the battery last) or it is electric (in this case, do you have a suitable electrical source?). If it is gas-powered, then are you comfortable with its higher weight? Make sure that whatever the case is, it must not be a hindrance to the performance of your task.
The reach of the pole is a fundamentally important factor. You can’t ignore this factor while making a pick. The extension range is going to decide how high can you cut. As it is very considerable, so most of the time, people are misguided by the manufacturers. They exaggerate the real extension range. To get a more accurate idea, you must pay attention to the maximum length of the pole. Also, keep in mind that pole saws with a higher extension may have balance issues.
Most of the time, you have to perform your trimming tasks while carrying the pole saw over your head. If the saw you are working with is heavyweight, you may get tired very quickly. Therefore, you can’t afford to take much rest with so much burden of work on your shoulders. So weight is a significant factor to be considered. The lesser the load of the tool, the more the concentration you’ll be able to pay on your work.
Carry a thoughtful comparison between the task you are going to perform and the features of the saw. Make sure that the peculiarities of the saw match with your priorities. It must give you the option to make some necessary adjustments for better functionality and accuracy. Choose a tool with comfortable features. Otherwise, you will be immensely tired with aching arms and sore muscles.
Buying a product with a warranty is always considered ideal, and when it comes to a tool with a heavy motor and operating system, then it is even more critical. Make sure that the company offers you a good warranty. So you can recover the loss in case of early damages. A company confident enough about their product won’t hesitate to offer such guarantees.
One of the fundamental purposes of this tool is to avoid the horrific risk of climbing up the trees. But still, there are some more essential safety concerns which you shouldn’t ignore.
I can say it without a second of hesitation that the pole saw is a dangerous tool to use. What you need to do is use the one which has the least risks in its mechanism. Some responsibilities are on your shoulders too. If you are not wearing gloves, goggles, and other necessary safety equipment, then the burden of any accidental injury would be on your shoulders. Never commit a mistake of operating an impaired tool. Read the precautions carefully and strictly follow them.
There you go. After reading these genuine reviews, it must have become easy for you to make a precise pick. Don’t panic or decide in a hurry. Make a decision that you are not going to regret later. Compare the features and prices of all the products I’ve reviewed above. Match them with your priority list and then jump to a final decision.
Remington RM2599 is best among all. Black + Decker LPP120B is most cost-effective while Greenworks 20672 stands out due to its exceptional value and quality. But wait. I am not forcing my opinion on you. The ball is in your court.
I wish you all the best! Think deep and make a smart choice.
Still got any questions? Here are answers to some frequently asked questions
It serves for pruning the shrubs and branches which are out of your reach. It merely is a chain saw with an extended length, which allows you to reach heights.
Well, you have to buy a chain saw separately, you won’t get it along with pole saw. However, there are some newly launched pole saws, which are a combo of a chain saw and pole saw. They function as both. You can detach the chain saw whenever you want.
Yes, you can!
After disconnecting the blade from a power source (if any) and removing the debris, you can sharpen it with the aid of the metallic file. It is preferable to use a manual guide for more accurate results.
The exact reach of a pole saw differs considerably. Every company and model has a variable length. On average, you can say that they are as long as 6-10ft. However, manual poles could even offer an extension above 20ft.
I hope my guide helps you to choose the best electric pole saw for you.